Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Supernaturally Refreshed

This morning I woke up @ 0536 after having gone to bed @ midnight last night. I have neurotic hours of sleep since working nights; so I turned on the movie "A River Runs Through It" b/c my dear friend Sheila said it was one of her favorites. AND what girl doesn't love to look at Brad Pitt for a couple of hours?

@ 930 I went to a women's prayer group @ Horizon Christian Fellowship that I have been to one other time. I'm getting desperate for some meaningful Christian relationships and saw this as a great opportunity. Dottie, an older woman with beautiful white hair, stunning blue eyes and a smile that makes the loneliest heart feel welcome, stopped me at the end of the prayer as I was walking out the door and said something like, "I'm so glad you came back, you know I am a retired nurse and I know how hard nursing is and today it's even harder! I worked Oncology for 5 years and didn't realize how burnt out I was until I switched jobs!" At this, my eyes filled with tears and I couldn't say much other than nodd my head over and over b/c this week I realized I might be well on my way to getting burnt out... after a grand total of 6 months working! She promptly gave me her number and told me to call her anytime I felt I needed prayer:)

So then I went home, skipped my run, made plans to have a Borders "date" with my friend Hilary later that afternoon and fell asleep. I woke up about 3 hours later with more energy than I have had in a long time and wondered did I drink an espresso in my sleep or something!?!?! I felt totally refreshed and ready to go and the only thing I can think of is that someone prayed for me and I just have a sneaking feeling it was my new friend Dottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment