Monday, January 3, 2011

Check in with God... first thing.

The first night I was home from the Philippines as I laid down to go to sleep and began to worry about getting everything done on my checklist... I wished to go back to the Philippines where I didn't worry about the next day. As I examined why that was, I realized that I didn't need to worry about tomorrow b/c someone else had that figured out. All I had to do was go to sleep and then check in with one of my leaders when I woke up and I would get my assignment for the day.


I had the simple realization that life here is the same! I don't need to worry about tomorrow. I just lay my head down and make sure I check in with My Savior and Father when I wake up. He'll make sure he gives me my assignment and he had the entire day figured out.


When I woke up and began to go about my day... a day that began with a dead car battery and a saint of a woman who jumped it for me... I remembered to check in with God. Everything got done and more... It was sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment