Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tsunami Escape Route

The other day I was driving along a main road in Pacific Beach and a sign caught my eye. "Tsunami Evacuation Route" is what it said.


I thought to myself, "To heck with the escape route via a motor vehicle! I'm ditching this old dodge stratus and gonna run on my own two feet!"

How quickly a disaster puts material things into perspective. They are but shadows of security, efficiency, safety, and protection. How quickly I would leave my car to seek safety via the two feet God gave me. It made me think about what I put my trust in. What do I get a sense of security, efficiency, safety and protection? Is it my job, my career, my retirement, my friends, my home, my bank account, my relationships?

In life, there is an escape route that is 100% secure. That is Jesus. He is the way, He is the life. If I want to escape the shadows and hints of security... knowing deep within my heart that they are deceptive, I must run to the truest escape route there is.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, walk your two little feet to Iowa then you know you will always be safe:)

    ReplyDelete