Monday, March 29, 2010

An Israelite at Heart

You know how the Israelites didn't want to hear God's voice? They wanted Moses to hear it and then tell it to them. They wanted the priests to speak to God and then pass on the message.

Well I am an Israelite. I want someone else to hear God's voice then pass the message on to me. I am too afraid to hear his voice myself. Today in church I was convicted again with "I don't really know God!". My natural reaction to this thought was go buy a book on the theology of God or listen to more sermons or buy another worship album. Then I thought or maybe I should just read the Bible.... but reading a book on God sounds much less threatening than reading the Bible, listening to a sermon about God is much less threatening than listening for the voice of God, and singing a praise song is much less threatening than saying personal praises to God.

So while I read the OT and think... "Those silly Israelites! God chases them and forgives them and loves them... and they still don't get it!", I realize if they had such a hard time of it, why would it be any different for me?

2 comments:

  1. II Peter 1 says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises..." (II Peter 1:3-4). These sweet promises are found in His Word, They are everything you need for life! I encourage you to disregard every other book ever written (even if it is about the Bible) and dive into the real thing... then you will know God in the most intimate way you could ever imagine. Your entire life will be blessed! My life has completely changed since I went in depth in His word...I am not the same, it is an amazing journey!

    Also, it is different for you because you have the Holy Spirit living inside of you, the Israelites didn't. They could only walk in the nature and Paul said in Romans 8 to be carnally minded is death. You can walk in the supernatural because Christ live inside you... Paul went on to say, to be spiritually minded is life and peace! (Romans 8:6). Remind yourself that you have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truths of His word and to remind of everything Jesus told you. Look at John 14-16, I Corinthians 2 and I John 2, these will help you to understand His function in your life!

    Danielle, I pray that you know God first and foremost through fellowship and his amazing word. You are a gifted beautiful women who will rock the known world for His kingdom. God bless you and you sojourn with Him! amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete