Friday, April 30, 2010

Focus on Today

Over and over we have been encouraged to focus on today. We cannot meet with God yesterday or tomorrow. God wants to meet with us today. I should have an expectation in every moment that God wants to astonish me with something. I am lucky that I am in a class where every day people are trying to astonish me with God's word.

In applying that, I'm realizing that I don't need to worry about tomorrow or next month or a year from now. God wants to meet with me right now. My responsibility is to love Jesus right now. I don't need to worry that in 4 days I have to work 3 nights in a row and go on a little less sleep. I don't need to worry that I might not have energy for visitors a few months from now. I don't have to worry that I might never find someone to share life with. The Bible says, Do not worry about anything, but in everything present your requests to God.

Today I'm thankful because I get to continue going to Impact 195. My boss made it possible and even changed the existing schedule so that I could be on nights. It was nothing short of a miracle in my mind. I'm thankful because every day that I get off work, I have a comfortable bed to sleep in. I have food and coffee to help motivate me out of bed. I get to look forward to surrounding myself with new friends and family at Impact every morning. I have so much to be thankful for. I've been calling my mom on my way to work more often which is so encouraging. I get to talk to Lucy and Katie whenever our schedules line up. I have a future and a hope. I am loved with an everlasting love. What do I have to complain about today?

1 comment: