Friday, March 9, 2012

Crazy about Rick Warren!!

So my devotional time is super guided by Rick Warren lately. 40 Days in the Word has been amazing but is coming to the end for me in 8 days. Today's verse is a favorite of mine... goes back to the Showers in Shatford hall freshman year.... "Do not be anxious about anything Danielle, but in everything by prayer and petition, with Thankstgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus." I noticed two things that I need to study someday:
What is the difference between prayer and petition? and What is the difference between heart and mind? See??? God's word jumps out differently even if you've read it fifty billion times!

So with the end of 40 DITW quickly approaching, I picked up The Purpose Driven Life which I have never finished, but started numerous times. It is such a powerful book!!

Last two days:
It's not about Danielle. ( I need to hear that about once every second)
I'm not an accident. ( I don't know that I've ever thought of myself as an accident... praise God, but it was interesting to be reminded that God chose my birthdate, my generation, my country, my city, my parents, my birth order, my sisters... Powerful and it does make me ask the forbidden or maybe just silly question of "why?" Nevertheless, I'm soooo thankful for what he chose for me.

Today will be interesting...I haven't done it yet but today's saying is:
Everyone's life is driven by something.
Yes it is... mine is driven by pleasing people. I'd like to say it's driven by God, but I know that at the center of my life, most of the time, is my desire to be liked and make people happy.

So this is a picture of the time God has given me to regather, assess, and shoot off to the next leg of life's journey. I don't know what is in store, but I'm thankful for the hours he's given me to allow my mind to wander and dream and wonder and ponder and talk to him about all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment