Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A holy God and a mucky heart

Today's verse in 40 Days in the Word is:

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13

I got to insert my name into it... "For God is working in Danielle, giving her the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Then I got to pray it back to God... "Jesus, you say that you are working in me giving me the desire and the power to do what pleases you... but I feel sooo wicked inside!" Then I thought how is it that a Holy, pure God would be willing to get into all of my muck? To be working inside of me in ways that I am oblivious to and cannot understand or see? To know the intricacies of my thoughts... good and bad? If I were God, I would strike me down with lightning years ago!

But this incredible Jesus gets right down in the muck, pulls up his shirt sleeves and gets to the heart of the matters uninhibited by the filth, no disgust on his face... He just works with a smile, a laugh, an inside joke, and gently leads my heart to repentance, to realization, to wonder, to amazement...

No comments:

Post a Comment